Taras,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Taras P. Ivashchenko
<naplan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, list!
>
> I'm going to make big presentation on RusCrypto 2009 security conference
> about practical requirements of PCI DSS such as pentests, external and
> internal vulnerability network scans and testing webapps by OWASP TOP 10
> list with W3AF.

    Congrats on that! It's always good to be out there, and make
yourself known in the community. Also, thanks for talking about w3af,
a big promotion like you talking about it, is always welcome.

> W3AF part -  at the moment I'm thinking about:
>  - short description and features of w3af

    Don't forget to mention that w3af is the most advanced open source
web application scanner, and that all the other tools are really
expensive ;)

>  - using OWASP_TOP10 profile
>
> Any more ideas? =)

    You could also perform a nice exploitation demo, people always
like shells popping up with 3 or 4 clicks ;)

Cheers,

> --
> Тарас Иващенко (Taras Ivashchenko), OSCP
> www.securityaudit.ru
> ----
> "Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - Linus Torvalds

Andrés Riancho
http://www.bonsai-sec.com/
http://w3af.sourceforge.net/