Andres,

As far as I am aware there no tests specific to Python and Kali Linux
i.e. https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging#Example_2:_Python_application

The workflow I use is to create the Kali package then install it on a
"new" Kali VM (I use "snapshots" under VMWare so the test is
repeatable) and execute all the w3af tests within the Kali Linux
terminal itself i.e. not executed as part of the package installation
itself.

The above might not be clear so I will put a wiki page with
screenshots together and publish it on GitHub.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact