On 07/23/2014 09:11 AM, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> On 21/07/14 17:45, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> On 17/07/14 05:40, Chad Versace wrote:
>>> Emil,

> I think that mixing GLUT with other stuff is a bad idea.
>
> Otherwise -- whether to add some input support to waffle or not -- is
> a design choice that Chad needs to make.
>
> On one hand most similar frameworks (GLUT, GLFW) tend to have input
> too. One the other hand.  For GL testing (piglit/apitrace) probably
> it doesn't make much difference either way.
>
> At least for piglit/apitrace input is not really a must: in the
> "-auto" input is ignored, and in the non "-auto" mode we could simply
> put a Sleep() function instead of a wait-for-key, which would
> probably be good enough for most cases. (We could also read input
> from stdin, which can be done with portable C)

Jose, that's a genius idea: let Piglit use stdin for input. If stdin
is really capable of capturing all of Piglit's input needs, I think that's
the easiest path to take.

I have been reluctant to add any input API to Waffle because, honestly,
it would be a half-baked solution hastily designed to accommodate Piglit.
If Waffle's design goals are kept focused, then it is more likely to
accomplish its goals well.