Hello watir list members:

I am trying to determine an approach to dealing with multiple windows and a
web site that prompts for multiple authentications at different web URLs
(sometimes in the same tab and sometimes not).

When the web application I want to verify redirects to a login page (within
the same tab or window) then I can handle that. I wait for those DOM
elements with specific content and then proceed to fill he fields username
and password fields with text_field().set. I guess that text_field is the
best way. I'd like to use Capybara's fill_in but that is another post to
learn why I cannot do that.

But what if the authorization opens in a tab? Can these selenium based
tools and wrappers such as watir handle this?

What should I be reading to learn how to accomplish this?

Hints or advice is very welcome!

many thanks!
-az