In general, you can achieve a similar interaction with the "document"
object by using the `execute_script` method.

For example, the line:

control.document.invoke("currentStyle").backgroundColor

Could be re-written as (assuming that "control" is a Watir::Element):

browser.execute_script('return arguments[0].currentStyle.backgroundColor',
control)

However, `currentStyle` is only defined in IE11, not Edge. As a result, the
above will not work in Edge. Instead you will need to use the
`getComputedStyle` method:

browser.execute_script('return
window.getComputedStyle(arguments[0]).backgroundColor;', control)

For this specific example, you can simply this further by using Watir's
built-in `style` method instead:

control.style('background-color')

- Justin Ko