I have attached the html of the two line items on cart

The issue:-

*How do we check the presence of a button which can only be identified by a
custom attribute when the button itself is not there.*

On Monday, 15 April 2019 16:03:51 UTC+10, NaviHan wrote:

> The shopping cart has two products, normal product and personalised product
>
> Against each normal product there is a "move to wishlist" button and there
> is no "move to wishlist" button for personalised product.
>
> The test needs to validate the absence of the "move to wishlilist" button
> for the personalised product.
>
> The move to wishlist buttons are idetified by the collection
>
> buttons(:add_to_wishlist , :class => 'wishlist-container')
>

> and each button is identified by the attribute "data-variationgroup" which
> containes the product ID passed to the test as a table
>
> The page source of 1st product which is a personalised one and hence no
> move to wishlist button.

> xlarge-offset-0  column">
> <button type="submit" class="pointer remove-container" name=
> "dwfrm_cart_shipments_i0_items_i0_deleteProduct" value="9351785508221"
> data-item-position="0">
> </button>

> 2nd product which is a normal product

> <button type="button" data-variationgroup="2002690-02"
> data-productname="Woven
> Allycia Cold Shoulder Frill Wrap Dress" class="pointer wishlist-container"

> </button>

> <button type="submit" class="pointer remove-container" name=
> "dwfrm_cart_shipments_i0_items_i1_deleteProduct" value="9351533603802"
> data-item-position="1">
> </button>

> What would be the best way to check the absence of the "move to wishlist"
> button for the 1st product?
>
> One of my team members is using a logic
>
>   def check_move_to_wishlist_link_presence product
>     add_to_wishlist_elements.find{|el| el.data_variationgroup == product}.
> nil?
>   end
>

> this is calling nil on nil which return true.
>
> Is this a good way? I see an issue where this passes even when the product
> itself is not there

Before posting, please read
https://github.com/watir/watir_meta/wiki/Guidelines-for-Posting-to-Watir-General-Google-Group.

In short: search before you ask, be nice.