steve wrote...
We are using php to connect to a local MS SQL database, and all seems to be
fine. We are connecting to several tables within the same database, and are
able to insert, update, delete, etc. However, there is one table that refuses
to let us update, and we can not figure out why.

We get no errors from the script, but no records updated. If I echo out the sql
statement, connect to the database with Access as the same user, and copy/paste
the query into Access, the update works.

Tim responds:
One thing you might check is if the table in question has a primary key.  In
some situations the lack of a primary key will prevent DBMSs from updating rows
(i.e. it doesn't have any way to lock the record). This problem usually doesn't
throw an error (speaking from experience).