Hi Joseph,

PHPBB would do it (although there's been a few issues over the years
with security).

Failing that, why not look into setting up an email list such as this
one and not archiving it.  Yahoo-groups will provide you with a secure
mailing list for free and you can specify that you want it to be
private.

HTH,

M.

--