Matt - typos and grammatical errors I've spotted.
I am personally always very suspicious of any
company large or small that can't write accurate
English - especially in the UK! There's some
excuse for Johnny Foreigner as he hasn't had the
benefit of a proper education in the language -
though sadly that is becoming rarer in this
country now,  thanks to the long-haired, scruffy
weirdos that pass for teachers in many schools.

On the Home Page: client's should read clients'
(as presumably your customers will usually each have more than one client?)

On The Green Suite Page ".... utilising exising
(missing t) hardware where possible"

I also think that the correct term is low wattage.

On Green Servers - Para 2 should read customers' (missing apostrophe)

Same section under High Availability -  " ... do
you lose " (not loose - that's setting them free! ) - used twice in same line!

Next para - I'd suggest a comma after "configuration."

Consultancy - " .... creating a scalable
web-clusters." Either drop the 'a' or the final
's' !!! (Use of jargon that isn't explained is always dangerous!!)

Company History - second para - the word systems
is used three times - twice with a small 's' and
once with a capital. Consistency please!

Third section dealing with Internet presence:
(The word Internet should be spelt with a capital
letter - refer to Oxford English Dictionary which
can be searched online.) You say " .... provision
and maintain a dedicated " Provision is NOT a
stand-alone verb despite the attempts of the US
to make it one! It's a transitive verb and
should, as I have always understood it, only be
used in "make provision" or "supply provisions
for" or similar contexts. For correct English
this should read provide! (I think the intention
is to say you can provide and configure a system and then maintain it).

Insert a comma after ' ...organisation'.

At the bottom of the page there's no web-link on the web address.

Legal Notices - they do not "fall into" anything!
They may "consist of" or be "summarised in." They are inanimate!

I haven't read the Legal Documents as I would
expect them to have been provided by a solicitor
who would ensure all wording and punctuation is
correct. However, there is an error on the
Copyright Document which makes me wonder! It
reads "This website and its content is copyright
..... " Two items so it should read "This website
and its content are copyright ..."
It's not worth cutting corners on these documents
- if there is a problem and they come to be what
is relied upon as a defence, the fact there are
errors will enable the other party and/or their
legal team to drive a coach and horses through
them. Too many people have made this mistake -
don't you (or your client) be another! Given the
tendency to go to law these days at the drop of a
hat, I'd make sure my documents are watertight,
airtight and very definitely "lawyer-tight" (if there is such a thing!)!

In the Privacy Policy there are changes of font
size for "bulleted" items - it may be deliberate - but then again maybe not!

As a matter of interest - where is the telephone
number located that is given? It isn't listed in
the BT "Code decoder" and I don't recognise the format of it.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but I did run a software
company for five years that was awarded prizes
three years running for the quality of the
manuals and sales documentation we produced in
terms of clarity, accuracy and ease of use. Ok -
it was BI (Before Internet) but the rules haven't changed that much!

Cheers,
Peter MacGregor

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: arch...@jab.org
leave-50471658-230552.f22dcf5120bad5a91a87f69f1e923...@lists.wdvl.com