At 05:19 PM 6/16/2009 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hey,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Etienne
Robillard<robillard.etie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing very new here. At least next time try to be a little more
> creative, otherwise this is getting slightly boring and repetitive...

It's a bit rich to call Jim Fulton uncreative concerning web
development. I suggest you delve into the history of Python web
development for a bit. Of course back in '97 there was more to invent
than there is today.

Surely Etienne is joking, since anybody who knows Python web development should know that Bobo was actually the first Python web framework ever developed, 12 years ago, and that it invented quite a lot of the things found in Python web frameworks today, not to mention being the forerunner of all things Zope.

It's rather nice to see it back, reincarnated on today's egg/WSGI infrastructure. The original Bobo was what convinced me to become a Python programmer 12 years ago. (...after I realized that a Bobo-equivalent framework could not be implemented in Perl without far greater wizardry than I was capable of managing, while in Python it was nearly trivial to do so. I left Perl and never looked back.)