On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 4:33:08 PM UTC-7 Dave S wrote:

Weird copy-paste error on the first paragraph, which should read:

Every now and then, my older laptop says it can't handle umpteen dozen tabs
any more, it's done swapping, and it nosedives into a blue screen.  This
laptop is also hosting the dev versions of my sites, using the in-box
rocket server.   Window 10+ environment.
[...]

After this happens and I restart the system, the server, and the browser,
Opera (and Firefox, too, I think) are happy to resume and everything
appears fine.  Chrome resumes, but many of the tabs from my web2py instance
display messed up ... bits appear in scambled places, like a jigsaw puzzle
waiting to be assembled, and there are black blocks in various places.
Sometimes I can see the appropriate contents by highlighting a region, and
a field in a form usually behaves normally while I'm entering data, but
often is glitched as soon as I change focus.

I just completed a Chrome update, so there may well be browser cache that
wasn't getting cleared by clear selections.   I'll skip blaming Rocket for
a bit, but I'll be waving my hands if I get stuck on this again.

/dps