btw, that you put it this way :) This issue came up before:

> First, it seems like the original motive was to avoid pointlessly
indenting nearly the whole file:

> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2009-September/010002.html
>
> So, I was wondering if we can clarify the rule to apply only to the
outermost namespace declaration.

> So, I was wondering if we can clarify the rule to apply only to the
outermost namespace declaration.

[Darin Adler's reply] Yes, I think we can.

So far it seems at least two people agree with this and no one objected last
time. The next appropriate step if you want the issue fixed is to file a bug
on the style guide and update it.

dave