On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@chromium.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> This is pretty much unreviewable, so I pretend to commit this directly, in
>>> batches (one commit per toplevel directory in LayoutTests/platform/efl) in
>>> the next weeks. Any objections or suggestions?
>>>

>> It'll be nice if we could spend some time analyzing the differences
>> between EFL and other ports to minimize the size of patch first.
>>

> In particular, if we have pixel tests that don't need to be pixel tests at
> all, or font rendering differences due to explanatory text that could be
> moved to an HTML comment inside the test itself, we can obviate the need for
> port-specific baselines in many of those cases (and eliminate more baselines
> from ports already in the tree, and reduce the burden on other ports that
> want to run pixel tests, and reduce the maintenance cost of changing the
> tests).

Are y'all suggesting that efl port should do these items (converting pixel
tests to non-pixel tests) before committing their baselines?

dave

PS fwiw, at one point, I did some work to figure out which tests were
changing most often to see where people would get the most return on their
investment and to my memory many tests with a high churn rate were svg
(which seem like they would be harder to convert to a non-pixel test
format).