On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Eric Seidel <e...@webkit.org> wrote:
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>
> Does seem pretty simple.
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>
> is even shorter. :)
>
> I support getting rid of pixel tests.  I suspect that some very dumb
> scripts could turn large chunks of these existing pixel-tests into
> ref-tests.  I doubt that those would be the interesting ones though
> (where platforms have divergent results).

I've been spending a fair amount of time working on this, actually. I
think it's harder than you might think. I'm happy to talk further
about it.

>From what I can tell, we get most of divergence between platforms from
the fact that we render text differently everywhere and we tend to
render controls differently everywhere. Most of the time the
differences are unrelated to what's actually being tested,
unfortunately :(.

-- Dirk