That is because mouse event handling was disabled until Qt fixes how
it handles mouse and touch events together.

MiniBrowser converts all mouse events into touch events.

You can find the line somewhere in qquickwebview (I believe) which
should have a comment linking to the Qt bug.

Cheers
Kenneth

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Milian Wolff <milian.wo...@kdab.com> wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2012 13:13:57 Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Not much have been done on the API documentation side. I did a bit,
>> but not much.
>>
>> We do thought have plenty of autotests mostly found in
>> Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/qt/tests/qmltests/WebView/
>>
>> Those show more or less how to use the API, as well as the MiniBrowser
>> in Tools/MiniBrowser/qt
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> I hope its OK to post some more questions that I cannot figure out by looking
> at the examples here.
>
> First up, I wanted to start with a minimal case, like e.g.:
>
> ~~~~~
> import QtQuick 2.0
> import QtWebKit 3.0
>
> Rectangle {
>    id: root
>    width:800
>    height:600
>
>    WebView {
>        id: webView
>        clip: false
>        anchors {
>            top: parent.top
>            left: parent.left
>            right: parent.right
>            bottom: parent.bottom
>        }
>    }
>
>    Component.onCompleted: {
>      console.log("completed")
>      webView.url = "http://qt.nokia.com/";
>    }
> }
> ~~~~~
>
> I notice that, while WebView is already a Flickable, it does not react on
> mouse drag'n'drop events. I.e. I cannot flick it. Neither does the view react
> on clicks, i.e. I cannot navigate the initially loaded website...
>
> Looking at the MiniBrowser (i.e. BrowserWindow.qml) I cannot figure out how
> this is handled there. The ScrollIndicator is just eyecandy but is something
> like the itemSelector required to give the user feedback on where he clicked?
>
> Bye
>
>> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Milian Wolff <milian.wo...@kdab.com> wrote:
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > are there any examples available on how Qt5's new QML/WebKit2 API is
>> > supposed to be used? If so, where can I find those?
>> >
>> > And the same question arises for API documentation. On the online
>> > documentation page [1] I only find a mention of a "Featured Articles:
>> > QtWebKit Developer Guide", but that one is not a link... Same goes for
>> > the QtWebKit Module [2]...
>> >
>> > Is the source code the only viable resource for now?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > [1]: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/index.html
>> > [2]:
>> > http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/gettingstarted-develop.html#qt-
>> > webkit
>> > --
>> > Milian Wolff | milian.wo...@kdab.com | Software Engineer
>> > KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH&Co KG, a KDAB Group company
> [...]

Senior Engineer
Nokia Mobile Phones, Browser / WebKit team
Phone  +45 4093 0598 / E-mail kenneth at webkit.org

http://codeposts.blogspot.com ﹆﹆﹆