WEBMGRS Digest for Monday, November 22, 2010.

1. RE: AAUW policy on the use of our name
2. Re: AAUW policy on the use of our name

Subject: RE: AAUW policy on the use of our name
From: "Gudrun Hutchins" <vtgud...@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:22:35 -0500

Most Vermont AAUW leaders have used the new acronym logos but have continued
to use the spelled out name in stationery or newsletter headers or on the
covers of program booklets that identify the branch or state organization.
We even used the old spelled out logo as a large backdrop for a televised
candidate event in October, because that format worked best in identifying
us to the public. I am happy to see that we are "legal" again. We will never
be a "brand" like GE or IBM in Vermont, and it is helpful not to be confused
in newspaper headlines with four other Vermont organizations that have
acronyms starting with "AA". I think that style guide lines are good; but
there needs to be some flexibility to let leaders decide what works best
locally.
Gudrun Hutchins, AAUW-VT

From: pande...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:55:49 -0500

I was asked the other day when I said "AAUW" if I was a member of the Auto
Workers!