Hi Benjamin, *,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Benjamin Horst <bho...@mac.com> wrote:

> You had dropped off the discussion for the past several days, so I wasn't
> sure if you were still following.

I thought I made it pretty clear that to judge, I want a demo that
meets all the initial requirements.
And people were telling: I'll create such a site. Thus I laid back and
waited for the result.

> On Oct 18, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Benjamin Horst <bho...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> So I'm strongly in favor of silverstripe...
>
> However, I think you're the only one. :)

No surprise.

> I've counted roughly 4-5 people who are in favor of Drupal, including Andrea
> Pescetti, who replied to
> the thread at length on Oct 16. Please read Andrea's email because it
> includes very good points.

I read all the mails in this thread, but just because Drupal has a big
fanbase doesn't convice me to actually use it.

> Silverstripe does not seem to offer the groupware functionality that Drupal
> can provide us

Saiy who?
I mean I selected silverstripe after thinking about the initial
requirements, and I found it to comply with all of them.

> If I don't have time to install a complete Drupal demo site (because I have a
> demanding day job),
> that is not a sufficient reason to run roughshod over the request by myself
> and other community
> members to give it a fair review.

You (all drupal fanboys/supporters) so far communicated the same about drupal.
It can do anything if you just spend enough time configuring it properly.

So yes: I demand *other* that are familiar with drupal to do it.

>Christian--you seem to have the time to install and test Silverstripe,

Yes, because installing it didn't take long. It basically was ready
right from the start.

> but you refuse to install Drupal.

Yes. Because their demos didn't convince me. It only tells: "You need
to put a heck worth of work into customizing it/hunting for the
appropriate plugins to get there where silverstipe is more or less
out-of-the-box.

And as also written a couple of times: As silverstipe fits my
needs/the needs I did lay out (and nobody else added points to), why
should I invest time in drupal?

And as you mentioned the extension site running drupal: That is
another point why I don't really want to consider it. A statement that
swirls around in my head from the folks as OSUOSL (where that site is
hosted) was that those sites are those that require most ressources.

>Why not go ahead and test it side-by-side, yourself?

Because then you'll again state: But you didn't install module x/y
that would have solved all your problems, because then you'll state:
You should have had an expert install it, etc.

ciao
Christian