Hi Andreas, *,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Andreas Mantke <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:
> [OOoAuthors platfrom for LO]
>
> If we want to use a CMS, we had to decide, if we want to use Plone, which
> some of the
> documentation-contributors already know, or another CMS (Drupal, Alfresco
> etc.). I
> don't know at the moment, if the letter ones fullfill all of the needs of the
> contributors for documentation, because i only worked with Plone.

I don't really have an idea about how the workflow works in plone, and
what the requirements are, but I can say that when the originating
document format (the format that is worked with) is not HTML, then
silverstripe is not suitable (not out of the box that is).

> I want only to know, if a CMS is projected for this topic and if it is planed
> about
> the available (or intended) features of that CMS. But i don't want to create
> a new
> CMS-war or something else ;-)

Well - I always advocated the special tool for special needs
philosophy (wiki extra, forums extra) so I surely don't have
objections against an extra authors-instance.

But it would help to lay out the requirements, so that those who are
setting up the drupal demo/prototoype can have a look at it.

ciao
Christian