Is this worth wasting 150-odd pixels of verticle real estate?
If so it should be a 100% width banner for a day or two.

Else: Maybe we could temporaraly reduce the size of the animated screenshots
and stick it under that, to the right of the "Download LibreOffice 3.3"
link...

Otherwise I don't see this happening.

Basically, the question is how much are willing to compromise our design to
promote this, and how long are we willing to do it for.