Ok, my third is up[1], tuning the DFD banner (inspired by
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8605/challengebannerdfd20117.png)

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Donate_and_DFD_Banner

I think now it's criticism time, what needs to be improved?

Also, should I tint the fill brown on the donate banner (as seen on
the current one)?

And do you want me to make a full width version, since we are at about
90% on the donations meter. I could do something like "Thanks - we
reached our goal of 50 000 Euro - and with __ days to spare!"

and then that would be replaced 7 days before DFD with the duel
banners, and then midnight DFD we would transfer to a standard donate
banner (and http://challenge.documentfoundation.org/ would return to
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/donate/)

So the proposed timetable:
* Financial completion: "Thanks - we reached our goal of 50 000 Euro -
and with __ days to spare! You can still donate to help fund our new
foundation"
  (or maybe some alternative that keeps the days countdown until the 21st)?
* 23rd March: the duel banners go up
* Midnight 30th/31st March (DFD): duel banners come down. Replaced by
a longer-term "donate now" banner.