Hi Florian, Andrea, all,

let me restate what I wrote on the marketing list - perhaps it helps to
solve this problem:

Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Florian Effenberger wrote:
> > Andrea Pescetti wrote on 2011-08-05 10:30:
> >> minimal and straightforward: use the same license
> >> indication in http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/ and in the
> >> page footer, i.e., remove the wrong "(or later)" from the text.
> >
> > hm, I'm not sure, but didn't we have this "or later" paragraph for new
> > contributions? Wasn't it a combination of LGPLv3 or later and the MPL?
>
> See the issue as:
> - The text of http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/ reads "LGPLv3
> (or later)"
> - The footer of the same page reads "LGPLv3".
> - Being different, at least one of them is wrong.

I wrote:

I agree to your statement that "LGPL 3 (or later)" is not the license the
present
LibreOffice product is released under.

I'd replace "LGPL 3 (or later)" by "As parts
of our code have been licensed under LGPL 3, the full binaries have to be
released under this license, even if we aim to LGPL 3 (or later) and MPL in
future."

Best regards

Bernhard