Hi,

cc'ing the mirrors list

2011/10/30 Spiff <sp...@liboff.tk>:
[..]

> For the Netherlands, there are two LibreOffice download mirrors, the
> ftp.nluug.nl mirror and the mirrors.supportex.net mirror.
> The NLUUG mirror works just excellent (as do all other European and World
> mirrors that I tried), but not(!) the Supportex mirror.
>
> When http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ redirects the Dutch user not to
> the NLUUG mirror but to the Supportex mirror, or when the Supportex mirror
> is chosen from the mirrorlist page (via "Get details (md5sum,...)"), a very
> peculiar download behavior occurs. It then takes a long(!) time till finally
> the Internet Explorer download manager popup window ('Run/Save/Cancel')
> appears, offering the download.
> First I thought the download wasn't offered at all (while nevertheless there
> was all kind of network, anti-virus, HDD and CPU action), but recently I
> found out that when you wait a long(!) time the download is finally offered
> with the IE download manager to pop up.
> The LibreOffice download from the Supportex mirror is the only(!) download I
> ever encountered that shows that strange kind of download behavior.
> You can try it for yourself, using this download link:
> http://mirrors.supportex.net/tdf/libreoffice/stable/3.4.3/win/x86/LibO_3.4.3_Win_x86_install_multi.exe
> I use Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32 bit (Dutch) with Internet Explorer
> (first IE8, now IE9) (Dutch).
> I don't know whether browser and OS are of relevance in this issue.

I checked with a download  manager system which provides more information.
The download starts immediately but fails in giving back information
for re-establishment of the download.
Maybe this causes the problem.

Would be nice if the mirrror admin can step in here.

Regards

Volker

--
Volker Merschmann