Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> thanks to Anders' work, the simplified/buttonized download page is
> available online for testing at https://www.libreoffice.org/download35

Just *lovely* - thanks to the two of you! :)

> well, and when manually choosing it isn't  obvious that it is a
> multi-step process and things like that)

Just have some footer saying just that - i.e. "Change system *and*
language", and then a "Step 1 from 2" or something in the footer?

> I think at first we should make it en-US only and only use it at the
> frontpage, as translations are missing anyway. (i.e. always start of
> with presenting the download buttons, and if in doubt the windows
> download if OS or language cannot be guessed)

Both makes sense. And have it deployed asap, it's really a huge
improvement, a few glitches notwithstanding.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten