Hi Klaus-Jürgen, *,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
<o...@sophia-louise.de> wrote:
> Am 09.10.2012 21:12, schrieb Volker Merschmann:
>

>> just for your infomation:
>> We have enabled ReCaptcha for the signup page of the wiki again, as we
>> have noticed mass signups of possible spam accounts.
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:Log/newusers
>
> Has anyone tried the audio?
> It sounds like Orkian or even Chewbacca speech. Or is this only a problem on
> my computer?

Of course it is intentionally distorted, to prevent defeating it by
speech-recognition, that then would even be more effective to break
the captcha than trying to automatically solve the visual one.

> I don't understand something.

Usually it is english numbers

The same thing with the visual one applies: if you cannot solve the
first one you're offered, just request a different one.
Takes longer with the audio challenge of course, but OTOH people with
visual impairment might have better trained hearing.

ciao
Christian