Hi *,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<webmas...@krackedpress.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/2013 01:09 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
>> <webmas...@krackedpress.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> So just pick a version that is not in the multi installer and you'll
>> get the "All" link.
>
> The clicking on "Portable" under the "Package" section - bottom left of the
> page - gives you "...Normal.paf.exe".

Should have read "pick a *language* that is not in the multi
installer" to be more clear.
Like e.g. Sanskrit: http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/?lang=sa-IN

>>> So would you want to show both Portable package options?
>>
>> Nah, there I think just showing the matching (chosen or detected)
>> language is sufficient.
>
> Are you saying if I was detected to use an African language that is
> supported by LO, that the link would then select "...All.paf.exe" ???

Yes - and that is really trivial to try out yourself...
http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/?lang=af
Afrikaans for example. Or use the Sanskrit one from above.

>> Yes - note that the staging site's download-DB is not up-to-date, so
>> it might not show all downloads that are currently available - but to
>> satisfy your example: for 3.6.6 there are both en and german isos, so
>> try with http://staging.libreoffice.org/download/?version=3.6.6 →
>> you'll get both offered.
>

> For 4.0.4, there is currently only the NA-DVD on the CD/DVD download page.
> I was not even thinking about 3.6.x.  Also 4.1.0 comes out at the end of the
> month, so I will be planning on making a NA-DVD out of those installs.

So what? "note that the staging site's download-DB is not up-to-date..."

> [....]
> I have tired the Portable version once a year or two ago, but there may have
> been issues with testing it while I have LO installed on that Windows
> system.

Please keep this thread focuses to the workings of the download page
itself, not about functionalities of the software packages.

> [...]
> The "German" ISO does have other language packs included, but the last time
> I downloaded it, the "text" of the DVD was in German.

Well, there must be a reason for "German" in the name, right?
But see comment above.

ciao
Christian