On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Florian Effenberger
> <flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> 2. We leave editing and creation of pads open, but only to users who
>> authenticate themselves.
>> For testing, #2 is what I have just enabled in Etherpad, and populated a
>> couple of predefined pads at the same time, to see if we can work with it.

I just did some testing the /qa and the /test pads, and edited,
changed styles and colors, and even deleted the /test pad (oops!)
without any type of authentication (at least as far as I could tell...
:-)

It does appear that I'm unable to create new pads, or to recreate the
/test pad. Is it possible that you enabled option #1 (all edit,
disable new pad creation) instead of #2 (authenticated edit)?

In any case, I'd like to find a solution where our pads won't be
intentionally/accidentally deleted out from underneath us. IIRC that
might be a plugin that we can disable?

Cheers,
--R