Here's a patch for the salt repo's README.md.

A potential area of improvement would be to include modules to avoid/encourage, whether all files should have 'managed by salt' at the top, and other editing guidelines.

I also made some assumptions and just put some policy in the "Contributing to This Repository" section: I figure an actual policy could be added there (if there needs to be any at all).

A few questions came up while familiarizing myself with the repository:

1) Would the contents of "certs/" be better off in pillar rather than the salt repo?

2) The 'security/' folder is a bit vague. Would it make sense to move the sole .sls file (rpcbind.sls) into its own 'rpcbind' folder?

3) What is the purpose of having the Github repository as a submodule to the Gitlab repository? Is it for compatibility reasons while it gets ported over to the infratools site? I couldn't run anything from tests/ before fetching the submodules... and `git submodule update --init` fails due to a non-existent referenced commit.

Due to the above confusion I left out mention of how to best perform testing in the README.

I can happily continue contributing patches, but I believe it might be easier if I had the capability to introduce PRs and create my own branches.

Hope this helps!