Hi klaus-jürgen, Christian, *,

Münch<mich...@codingmicha.de>  wrote:
>>> I have seen users asking[1] where to find the checksums of our
>>> 3.3.2 release files, as they are not shown at our download page.
>>> Is it possible to add a link to the Metadata Details as in [2] next
>>> to the files at [3]?

>> Like here?
>> http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org:7780/download

Cool this one :o))

> I don't think that people would search/find it under the information
> "detail" except we tell it to them. Maybe we should put a sentence
> above the download (obviously there is many text which not will be
> read): "For more details like checksums, metalinks, different mirrors
> etc. click for 'Show details-links' and click on the details you want
> to know."

Long sentence stories don't automatically rise clearness :o)).

I'd prefer a label like:
[ ] Download using BitTorrent
[ ] Get details (md5sum ...)

"Show details-link" is not obvious because users know what that is only
*after* having clicked ;o))

By the way: ist it possible to have a warning if JS is disabled *and* a
checkbox is clicked?

>> I'm not sure whether I should add them unconditionally, as it might
>> take an additional second on slow machines...

I like the solution You made. :o))

[..]

Gruß/regards
--