Hi Florian, *,

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2011-05-09 15.06:
>>
>> What can we do to have 3 pages and back end that works for the middle
>> of May:
>> - one info page (okay we just need to update the ones we already have)
>> - one CfP with documents upload, et al.
>> - one registration page and backend.
>
> maybe for clarification: During the last call, we agreed that for the
> Conference 2011 we do *not* want a dedicated conference management tool. If
> we can implement things with SilverStripe, that would be great.

Those three points above are easily done with silverstripe

having a form populating the database, and a dedicated module admin
(dedicated section on the same level as Pages, Documents & files,...)
to manage the submissions (flag them as reviewed, accepted or whatever
you wish)

So share your requirements for the registration for the conference - I
don't know how it was handled previously - has it been fully
self-registration, or has there been a manual review?
Or otherwise put - what does the registration page need to offer in
terms of confidence in the registration?

* none - not even captcha
* passing the captcha is enough
* email-address needs to be validated by clicking a link in a
confirmation mail or similar

And what management stuff would you need for both after the user
filled it out? (i.e. for the CfP marking entries as reviewed when a
human did look over the submission, flagging it as spam (or allow
deletion of entries?), or even as accepted,...)

ciao
Christian