Actually I didn't refactor Page because I thought it was too heavy, I
kept at least 90% of it unchanged, and in fact added to it.  I changed
it because I wanted to use XML/XSLT to produce my output.

I do agree that a "lower-level" extension point would be useful and more
inline with OO design.  I guess stripping out the HTML specific stuff
would be a good starting point.

- Aaron Switzer