> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:09:44 +0100, Moof wrote:
> > nevow is the "son of" woven, the Twisted templating language which
> > is currently deprecated. It has a philosophy similar to ZPT in
> > construction, and feels partly derived from ZPT. I'd say it's
> > currently in alpha, not structured as a webware component, written
> > in Python, has an iffy users guide, the docstrings are in progress,
> > I believe it has a regression suite, and it has some examples. Can
> > be found at nevow.org
> >
> > stan is bundled with nevow, and is basically a templating sytem to
> > allow html/xml to be writtne indies python code. It looks a bit
> > like this:
> >

> > docFactory = loaders.stan(
> > tags.html[
> > tags.head[ tags.title[ "Greetings!" ]],
> > tags.body[
> > tags.h1(style="font-size: large")[ "Now I will greet you:" ], greet
> > ] ])

I would consider it alpha only in that it's API is not guaranteed to be
backwards compatible with future changes. It is being used reliably by
several people in production code, and has had many improvements since
it's first incarnation and should be fairly stable.

Many examples are included with the version in SVN, these are currently
the best place to look for information on getting started. A lively IRC
community also exists on #twisted.web at irc.freenode.net.

regards,
Ed