Eric Radman wrote:
On 22:21 Wed 29 Dec     , Ian Bicking wrote:

Hmm... the numbers seem kind of odd, hitting a distinct point when performance degrades. Have you tried any profiling? E.g., with hotshot:

http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-hotshot.html

I couldn't figure out how to use hotshot...and when you search for "hotshot python run" you find that a lot of others can't figure it out either. do you know of another profiler...one that's documented?

Wow, I hadn't looked at the documentation. It really is horrible, isn't it? The profile module's documentation is a bit better, it seems. Maybe just something like:

import profile
profile.run('serve_application(...)')

The results would probably be very interesting. Another interesting test might be a simple Webware app vs. a simple Twisted app (maybe just a static file for Twisted).

I ran the same tests against Apache2/WebKit and found that it scaled
nicely (30-35% better performance than WSGIKit) as long as you don't
factor in the hit the web server took from having to fork 20 or 30 more
instances of Apache (at a loss of 10MB of RAM per instance).

Eric