Bugs item #1799135, was opened at 2007-09-20 13:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=104866&aid=1799135&group_id=4866

not just the latest update.
Category: WebKit
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I see this problem with Webware-0.9.3 but I expect it exists in earlier
revisions. Our operating system is NetBSD 3.1

An nmap scan can crash a WebKit-based application. e.g.,

nmap -sT -p12345 myhost

Causes our application to fail with this traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/Webware/WebKit/ThreadedAppServer.py", line 926, in run
    server.mainloop()
  File "/path/to/Webware/WebKit/ThreadedAppServer.py", line 258, in mainloop
    client, addr = sock.accept()
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/socket.py", line 169, in accept
    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()
error: (53, 'Software caused connection abort')

So far as I know, the best way to handle this error is to retry the accept. I
attach a patch which does this.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)