On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <c...@online.de> wrote:
> I'm running it for years in production on SUSE Linux, the stability and
> performance have been outstanding. Got it also running on Windows
> (precompiled dlls are shipped with Webware).

Same here, but I'm on a new server and working with a new Webware
instance based on release 1.0.2.

> The build should also produce a .libs folder inside which you will find
> the .so file. Instead of copying it manually, you can also use "make
> install" to install it into the Apache modules directory and activate
> the module in the Apache config.

Interesting. I didn't see the .libs directory at first. Is that an
apxs convention or are we doing that? Normally dot files are meant to
be semi-hidden, but I don't see why these files would be.

> There are also other reasons for not using ModPython: The performance is
> not so great (http://wiki.w4py.org/webwarebenchmarks.html) and the
> project has just died
> (http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2010/06/modpython-project-is-now-officially.html).

Good to know. Might want to add that last bit to the install guide.

-Chuck