I currently use my SitePage module to hold a shared MiddleKit store and
a dictionary which I use as a lock holder for active users who are
editing a logical section of a MySQL database.

I would like to be able to restart the AppServer:
   - from a servlet as discussed in another thread recently
   - automatically by updating a module
   - from the console

How can I save and restore my dictionary lock holder under all of the
above instances? Or is there a better technique I could use (like a
MySQL table or file instead of a dictionary in SitePage)?

Using a file or table would be an easy fix, but I currently detect
timed out users by maintaining a last accessed time in the lock
dictionary and clearing timed out users whenever a new user tries to
obtain a lock. Maintaining the last access time would require rewriting
the file/table with each incoming transaction. Is there a better way to
detect and remove a timed out user?

Roger Haase