On Sep 9, 2004, at 4:22 AM, lloyd wrote:

where do i put these new webapps? along-side my existing one?

A quick search on my name will reveal that I am no expert or possibly even trouble in motion, but in the spirit of helping each other I offer this...

I keep the webware distribution entirely separate from any of my own work. This advise was given to me early on, on this very list. For example:

usr/local/Webware
usr/local/WebAppOne
usr/local/WebAppTwo

The placement in /local is purely arbitrary but illustrates the notion. All of the Webware-0.8.1 files and directories are in /webware. All my custom work is in one of the other directories.

When I need to apply updates or replace the Webware files, I can do so without any concern for the well being of my context directories.

hth,

Mark Phillips