On Nov 29, 2004, at 12:13 PM, Winston Wolff wrote:

I have used WebUnit very successfully for high level tests. (http://mechanicalcat.net/tech/webunit)

I haven't been able to figure out how to unit-test pages since anything that extends Page requires the AppServer to be running. Perhaps part of the dependency can be eliminated with a mock HTTPTransaction, but I'm not sure.

I think it would be good to organize a working group of people willing to work on tests. I know several people including myself have volunteered to work on the release, but not to lead it themselves citing inexperience. However I have not been "called to service" yet. A difficulty with volunteering to do a release is to know if I've made a mistake in the release process. Hence the need for tests. Once we have a group together, we can pick a few priorities in the tests, and settle anything needed to let people get to work individually, such as how our tests will fit into the larger set of test cases.

-winston

Thanks for the reply, Winston. I will add your commentary and take a look at WebUnit when I get the chance.

I am open to discussing how a "release team" might be organized and operate. Feel free to send me a note off-list if you wish.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210