On May 19, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Tim Roberts wrote:

What does that mean -- it "does not support Python 2.4.x"?  The
operating system and/or distribution should be completely irrelevant to
the Python version.  I can believe that some operating system scripts
will screw up if you link python2 to python2.4.x, but that shouldn't
affect Webware.

I thought so too, and would like to be disabused of my present opinion. However, while banging around on the #python, #fedora and #fedora-legacy channels, the common opinion was that FC 2 didn't have everything python 2.4 needs. I was seeing error regarding sockets and so on.

The folks on the fedora channels are a bit above my head regarding the os modules and it is difficult for me to ask them a coherent question. So, I can't really tell you why they felt there was an issue.

I just took them at their word and moved on to things I can control. I am back to dealing the original error message, the "bad token" in xmlrpclib.py, which has some promise of a solution.

Now where did I set that spare grey matter...

 - Mark