On Mar 7, 2007, at 8:06 AM, John Ruff wrote:

> For which templating options in Webware is it possible to utilize
> the MVC paradigm?  I previously used PSP via mod_python and had the
> option to separate templating from programming logic using  and
> would like to understand which templating options (PSP, Kid,
> Cheetah, etc.) allow the use MVC logic in Webware.

I have seen quite a few posts on this list about Cheetah Templates.
This system is similar to the PHP syntax. Here is a snip from the
Cheetah page:
         #for $client in $clients
         #end for

Personally, I prefer the Zope Page Template approach, which uses (or
used) Tag Attribute Language (TAL) for the processing directives.
Here is an example:

My preference stems from the clear separation of the processing
directives from the presentation. With TAL your web designer can
build a fully functional web site, including sample data. This
simplifies project management in my mind; the web designer can work
unfettered, and the application engineer is free to focus on the
processing engines. That is, model-view-control is reasonably supported.

I imagine there are many other options.

hth,

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates, technology for creative business
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210