Mark Phillips wrote:
> In the previous installation I used the cgi, simply to avoid horsing
> around with another admin's apache install. The WebKit.cgi file was
> created a long time ago. It works, when I invoke WebKit from the
> terminal.  However, I can't access WekKit via the cgi script. That
> is, this URL does not bring up the intro pages:
>       <http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/WebKit.cgi
>
> What should I be looking for?

- Use the WebKit.cgi script of the same Webware version
- Check the first (shebang) line with the Python path,
   try with an absolute path to the Python interpreter
- "webwareDir" in WebKit.cgi must point to Webware installation
- EnableHTTP = False in AppServer.config
   (built-in Webware webserver not colliding with Apache)

If this does not help, what error message does the browser display, is
there something in your Apache error logs?

Anyway, I still recommend using mod_webkit where possible.

-- Christoph