Chuck Esterbrook a écrit :
> On 8/4/07, sophana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> While trying to debug my webware application, I tried to stress it with
>> a simple wget loop.
>> I saw that memory was increasing.
>> After searching a little, I found out that it was webware sessions that
>> were growing up to the max dynamic session limit.
>> Using cookie option of wget made no more session creation...
>>
>> My application set a session variable at each visit.. So I though it is
>> a normal behaviour.
>> But I have a page which is dedicated to monitoring. I thought that by
>> making the monitoring servlet a subclass of Page, webware would no more
>> allocate a new session at each wget access.
>> But it does allocate a session at each wget access!
>> Is it normal that a session is created even if I don't use it?
>> How can I prevent webware from creating a session?
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>

> If you never access self.session() then it should not be created. But
> as soon as you do, I don't see how WebKit has any other choice but to
> create it.
>
> You can safely check for a session without creating one with
> self.transaction().hasSession() and then only update the session if
> there is one. Several of my apps have done so to avoid the problem you
> describe.

The monitoring servlet is a subclass of WebKit.Page
All it does it make an sql ping, and write 'success' to the output.
It does not use any session.
But my simple test is as follow.
- I shut down the appserver.
- erase all session files
- restart AppServer
- make a wget loop on the monitoring servlet.
- shutdown again
- then I see a LOT session created. note that the test is made on 0.9.2
webware...

They are not created if I use the cookie session option of wget.

Could someone please check?
Thanks