Roger Haase wrote:
> I have some suggested changes to /WebKit/ExceptionHandler.py that fix
> problems I recently encountered while sending out email messages for
> servlet tracebacks.
>
> The problems started when my ISP changed the requirements for sending
> out mail via smtp.  They went from no login required to a pop3 login
> required -- logging on to pop3 seems to allow emails to be sent via
> smtp for the next hour.  The example below shows an attempt to initiate
> a connection without a pop3 login (this is a local cable company so an
> indirect connection will probably result in different errors).

Right, Webware currently support only SMTP-Auth, not SMTP-After-POP. I'm
amazed that this is still used by your ISP. Most ISPs have switched to
SMTP-Auth. Anyway, thanks for the implementation, I'll probably add this
to the next Webware version. I'll also have a look at the issue with
Google mail.

-- Christoph