Alexander Southgate schrieb:
> I'm not entirely clear on the details but my universal binary apache
> couldn't load up this module.  All the other modules were universal
> binaries so after a bit of research I found the necessary flags to
> compile mod_webkit as a universal binary (compiling as just x86_64
> should also work).  Below find the patch to
> WebKit/Adapters/mod_webkit2/Makefile.

Thanks. I'd like to create a Makefile that can create universal
binaries, but unfortunately, I have no Mac to test.

Can you check whether it is possible to replace the line
CFLAGS=-Wc,"-arch x86_64" -Wc,"-arch ppc" -Wc,"-arch i386"
with the following (I guess yes):
CFLAGS=-Wc,"-arch x86_64 -arch ppc -arch i386"
or even this (I guess no):
CFLAGS=-Wc,"-arch x86_64 ppc i386"

Can you check whether the line
LDFLAGS=-arch x86_64 -arch ppc -arch i386
is really correct? I think it should be
LDFLAGS=-Wl,"-arch x86_64 -arch ppc -arch i386"
Actually I think you should remove this line completely, only the
compiler has this option, not the linker.

Also, can you check what you get with
apxs -q CFLAGS
Maybe these options can be autodetected?

-- Christoph