Am 24.09.2010 20:53 schrieb Sophana KOK:
> from python 2.6 guess_type implementation doesn't support multi threading.
> The symptom is an infinite recursion exception on guess_type when it
> is called concurrently

Thanks for pointing that out. I found that it's a known and fixed Bug in
the first Py 2.6 releases: http://bugs.python.org/issue5853

> Maybe it is better to prevent it, just by using a mutex:

I agree, silently catching the exception is not a good idea. But instead
of using a lock I think we should simply call mimetypes.init() in
WebKit.__init__.py - it seems the only problem is the init() function
that is called on the first use of guess_type. Let me know if that works
for you. It will be fixed in Webware 1.0.x and 1.1.x then.

-- Christoph