Am 03.03.2011 21:38 schrieb Steve Schwarz:
> We use multiple appservers without session affinity so we use
> MemcacheSession to share sessions across appservers

Ok, that explains why you've run into that issue. The session objects
are not shared between threads in this case.

So the simplest solution would be to keep a "dirty flag" and store the
session only if that flag changed or when a save() method is called. I
guess save() could actually be added as a synonym for storeSession() and
in this method, the "dirty flag" should be reset of course.

Not sure if we should make it the standard mode for the FileStore and
the MemcacheStore, because it's not 100% backward compatible,
particularly because the lastAccessTime will not be updated.

Of course we could always update the lastAccessTime in case the session
is not dirty, but this would require an additional read operation and
decrease performance.

-- Christoph