I recently had this error message in another application in this scenario:

1. malloc a buffer
2. write into the buffer too much data (buffer overflow)
3. free the buffer  <-- here at this point I got this error message

Hi Klaus:

Well, in this case you have a real buffer overflow and it is excepted to recieve a exception from the debugger. But in my case, I'm getting those exceptions when debugging latests version of Qutecom or Wengo 2.1. The exceptions behaves randomly and commonly stops first in GAIM related code.
It doesn't seem to be a real problem anyway, but I'm not sure.
Maybe there is still a memory bug hidden out there for years which corrupts the heap space.

BTW, is there someone else debugging Qutecom with MSVC?

It has removed 35059 spam emails to date.