I wish to use wget to log on to oracle portal v. 3.0.9.8.4 (obsolete)
using apache 1.3.19 and oracle single sign on .
we are on Wget 1.9.1.  using hp-ux 11.11

When I run wget using either --http-user/--http-password form or
--post-data='login=user&password=pwd', I get the same thing:
it downloads most of the page.  When it gets to the username/password
fields, apache returns an authentication code.  Wget tries to use
this authentication code as a file name.  Apache throws an error that
says the filename is too long.

Someone here said I should ask you about page tags and how to tell wget
to use those.  I'm new to all this, so I might need a few hints, but
I've figured out what a page tag is.  Apparently, these page tags are
the fields I fill in to log in to the Portal page:

Please cc me as not on mailing list.

Thanks,
Kevin