"Paul Bludov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is it possible to limit the download rate?  IMHO, it was already
> implemented by TCP/IP stack.  And all that it is need to add is a
> small delay when the rate exceeds some limit.

This has been debated several times.  The sentiment seems to be that,
while the "add-a-small-delay" implementation of download limitating
makes some people wince, it's the only practical and portable way of
implementing the feature.  It's only that nobody has sent a decent
patch that implements it.

> BTW,
> mswindows.c::my_path() can be much more easy:

Great!  Please note that the maintainers don't work on Windows, which
means that we depend on Windows hackers -- like you -- to help us out.
Have you tried compiling Wget with changed ws_mypath() to verify that
it works?