gday

I have been trying to use wget to generate directory listings of an ftp
site and have run into a problem that you may be interested in. I am
trying to use wget recursively with ftp and find that when it tried to
change directory it gets an error and exits. This only happens when the
default directory of the ftp site is not "/". wget tries to change
directories but seems to assume it is in the root directory and uses an
absolute directory name when it tries to change name.

For example...

wget connects to an ftp and the default directory is "/pub" rather than
"/". Wget looks and sees a directory called "upload" and tries to change
into it using the command "cd /upload" when the directory is actually
"/pub/upload" and cannot continue.

Is there a workaround to this behaviour (for example a way to make wget
execute a pwd command on logging in)? If so I would really appreciate
any help you can offer me.

Regards

Simon Windows