Nicolás Lichtmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  New Glibc needs LC_CTYPE in order to work well.
>  The -C option was not being recognized.

Thanks for the patch; I've applied the latter to 1.6 and 1.7.

Leaving out LC_CTYPE was intentional; setting it has the potential to
mess up the ctype macros.  This problem has been resolved in Wget 1.7,
which sets LC_CTYPE and uses a differentn version of ctype.

Having said that, setting LC_CTYPE shouldn't cause too much harm; it
would probably be safe to set it in 1.6, perhaps conditionalized under
GLIBC.